Thursday, September 5, 2013

Rich Cocoa Crinkle Cookies


chocolate crinkle cookies


Oh my goodness, you have to make these!!
my Mom and I went to a little bakery in our town and they make THE best sandwiches and cookies,
every time we go I have to get one of these cookies, it was just a must :)


I thought.. what if I could make these? "well Molly, if you could make them, you would gain 5lbs in one day." Just Kidding :P

The quest was on, but not for long, these are definitely like theirs!! I don't think I could tell a difference between mine and theirs, I'm so happy. :D

Recipe:
2C white sugar
3/4C Vegetable oil
1C Cocoa
4Eggs
2tsp Vanilla extract
2 1/3 C Flour
2Tsp Baking powder
1/2Tsp Salt
Powdered Sugar

Combine sugar and cocoa in a bowl, stir in oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, add vanilla. it a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to your cocoa mixture. beat well.

Cover your dough and refrigerate for at least 6 hours :(  (I waited like 4 1/2 hours)

Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, shape into 1 inch balls; roll in powdered sugar and place 2 inches apart. (I used a small ice cream scoop to dip mine)

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes, let cool slightly then move to a wire rack to cool completely.



best crinkle cookie recipecrinkle cookie recipe

even though you wait 6 hours, it's worth the wait :), this batch made 47 cookies, I made 24 cookies one day, and 23 the next, I have to admit, the next day was better, I guess because I left it in the fridge overnight.

these are sooo good, I will make these time and time again, found the recipe in a hershey's cookbook, and I'm so glad I did. :)

I'm writing this recipe down, I'm blogging about it, AND I'm pinning it, oh yeah, it's that good :)

Made with Love,
Molly

 I will be joining these parties:













 



5 comments:

  1. Oh these look just incredible!!!
    Pinning immediately lol
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,
    You are so right, the 6 hour wait-time is soooo worth the wait!
    Love these cookies and they do taste just like the ones that we get downtown.
    Can't wait for you to bake up a batch of these again.
    Love you,
    Your Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely of you to share this recipe! Thank :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful pictures. No wonder they were accepted by Food Gawker :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Molly, I found your cookies on Foodgawker. They look amazing. In fact, they look exactly like the cookies that are sold at a cafe in Cambridge, MA called "Sofra." The chef there - named Ana Sortun - calls hers "Earthquake Cookies" I'm sure it's because you can feel the earth shake when you take a bite - that's how good they are! Anyhow, I'm excited to try your recipe and I'm also happy have found your blog. Lisa

    ReplyDelete