Friday, January 10, 2014

The Daniel Fast 2014

Hey you guys!! how have you been??  I've been sick these past few days, I'm getting better though.

I wanted to share with y'all something I'm starting tomorrow: the Daniel Fast it's a fast that's 21 days long. This fast is an example set by Daniel in the Bible.

I participated in this fast last year, I really enjoyed it after the first 5 days or so, honestly I eat chocolate on a daily basis, so I craved it, but after the first 5-7 days I didn't anymore, not really..... it was a great experience and I'm excited about doing it again, I think it's important to discipline yourself in ways that you normally wouldn't, and in ways that no one else can. it's a choice that only you can make for yourself. 


 I bake a lot, so I'll probably share with you guys some much more healthier recipes these next 3 weeks, and even after that. :)

This is a great opportunity to cleanse my body of all the "not so healthy" foods that I've eaten, and to focus on God, he provides me with everything that I have, I'm thankful for that, but not as much as I should be.

Our bodies are temples, but sometimes, okay A LOT of the times I don't always treat it like it is, I eat pretty healthy, I do. but it's safe to say that on a daily basis I eat overly sweet or processed foods, I guess that's alright every once in a while, but I don't think that it's necessary on a daily basis. 
 
Daniel 10:2-3 "In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled."

Can Eat: All Fruits All Vegetables All Seeds & Nuts
Beans Whole Grain Pasta & Bread

Can't Eat: Any Type Of Meat (Including Fish) Dairy (Including Butter & Eggs) Junk Food Of Any Kind Caffeine And Sweeteners (Even Natural Ones) Any Beverage Other Than Water (Including Tea) White Flour Chocolate D: Pretty Much Anything That Comes In A Box (Because Of The Stripped Or Enriched Flours, Preservatives, Additives, Chemicals, Hydrogenated Oils And Dyes)

Well that's all, look forward to these next 3 weeks, hope to share some healthy recipes with you guys!

Are you fasting? have you fasted before?
let me know by leaving me a comment! :)

Made with Joy,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment