Friday, February 14, 2014

Sugar Cookies & Valentine's Day




 These sugar cookies are really simple to make, I found this recipe online, and I tweaked it a bit.

I'll be honest with you, I'm personally not too fond of sugar cookies, never have been, but these are pretty good! the texture is very nice, so soft/plushy haha, and they're not too sweet, but they are still plenty sweet, if that makes sense..... :)



Sugar Cookies:

1 1/4 C Flour
1 Tsp Cornstarch
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Butter (Melted)
1 Egg (Room Temp)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
1/2 C Sugar

Icing:

3/4 C Powdered Sugar
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tbs Almond Milk

(1). Mix flour, cornstarch, and baking powder in small bowl, set aside.

(2). Beat egg in a medium sized bowl, pour in butter, and stir in extracts, then sugar.

(3). Pour flour mixture into egg bowl and stir just until it's well mixed.

(4). Put in a gallon ziplock baggie and spread it out by pressing it down until it's about 1/4" thick, put in the fridge for 45-60 mins.

(5). Roll dough on a floured surface until dough is about 3/16" thick (just think less than 1/4" but not quite 1/8")

(6). Flour your cookie cutter and have at it.

(7). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, they will not look done when they actually are, so be sure to really look at them, turn one over and look at the bottom, it may not be brown, but feel of it and see if it's ready.

(8). put cookies on a cooling rack, and ice when cooled.

When making the icing be sure not to add too much liquid, at first you're going to want to add more milk, or think that it needs more, but just keep working with it, it will become easier to work with in just a few short moment.

(9). Ice cookies however you please, and enjoy! :) (put leftovers in a airtight container, or on a plate and cover with tin foil)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For Valentine's Day my Daddy got me a some pretty pink roses mixed with baby's breath, a box of candies, and a super cute frog doll, it's just... oh my gosh you'll have to see :D.


 Well hello there.
 KISS ME!! I'm your Prince. ;D
 Oh goodness, and those legs, just so stinkin' cute. :)
 Awwww "Love You" balloon attached to my vase of pretties.

A mini rose bush that my boyfriend got for me, he knows I like the smell of red roses, but the look of white roses, so he got me a pink one, how clever. :) I really, really, really hope I don't kill it!!

Have a Lovely Valentine's Day!!!! :D

Made with Joy,
Molly

I will be joining these parties: Places I Party

No comments:

Post a Comment