Saturday, March 8, 2014

Simple & Yummy Muffin Recipe


Hey Y'all!! Haven't posted in a while.... Gosh I do that a lot, or rather don't do that a a lot? Point is I want to post more often! Therefore I will. :) I PROMISE!!

Here's a quick muffin recipe I whipped up this morning that everyone in my family really enjoyed!!

My dad and brothers prefer blueberry anything over chocolate. :( sad I know right?!?! As for mom and I, we'd have chocolate over blueberry, or really anything, any day hahaha.

Anyways, here's the awesome recipe. ;)

 Muffin Batter Recipe:

1C Flour
1/4C White Sugar
1Tsp Baking Powder (heaping......... Like mounded, seriously)
1/4C Unsweetened Almond Milk (or any milk)
1 Egg
2Tbs Melted Butter (I used 1TBS real butter, and 1TBS of Coconut Oil)
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 - 1 C Of Blueberries, Chocolate chips, or anything you prefer!! 

Mix together Flour, Sugar, and Baking Powder.
Stir in Milk, Egg, then Oil/Oils, and vanilla.
Mix in Blueberries, Chocolate Chips, or anything you can think of!! (just about....) don't do mushrooms.... idk why that just clicked in my head, pretty sure that wouldn't be yummy, or something someone would want for breakfast.... I could be totally wrong!! but I doubt it. :P.

OHHH wonder about mushrooms and eggs.... I think that would be fine, I don't think I'd like it, just because it'd be slimy.... BTW I hate ketchup, and I love ranch, so ranch on eggs?!? I'm gonna have to try that, yup... I will definitely try that.

Where were we.... I totally jumped off track there, my fingers were just flying off the keyboard with unnecessary random-ness-ess.

Pour batter into lined or greased muffin tin, Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until perfectly golden. "please do not overbake, that would be sad :("

Makes 6 Awesome Muffins, enjoy. :) 

I absolutely Loveeee-luv pictures! So here's kinda step by step photots I took while making these this morning.

NOTE**************

I made two batches, One with blueberries, and one with Chocolate Chips. The chocolate chip batter I didn't put quite as much sugar in, almost but not quite 1/4C of sugar, instead I added 2 TBS Brown sugar (unpacked) so it'd be kinda like a cookie.... I don't know, seemed like a pretty genius idea to me.

 Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, and Milk
 Egg
 Gosh, I ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS throw flour on stuff when I bake, it's inevitable. usually it's on the floor, but... I wouldn't show you guys that, now would I? lol
 Added the butter, and oil.
 Nom Nom Nom :D
 That's an awesome picture if I do say so mysef. ;)

Trying to embrace my messiness in this picture, it sure adds charm to the imperfectness of baking.










These were delicious! actually surprised at how well they turned out since I didn't follow a real recipe. ( I almost never do ).

Although next time I'm going to try and make these a bit healthy instead. maybe instead of all white flour, I'll just use half white, half whole wheat. 

Or instead of 1/4 C sugar, perhaps 2TBS of white sugar and 1/8C Applesauce. 

Or instead of half butter and half coconut oil, just use all coconut oil. heck, instead of 1/4 C Unsweetened almond milk, I could use 1/8C Coconut water, and 1/8C Unsweetened almond milk. now the gears in my mind are sure turning!! 

These were really yummy!! but I will definitely revise this recipe, I know I can make them better for the sake of health, and they'll still taste very, very scrumptious. :)

Made with love,
Molly

I will be joining these parties: Places I Party

No comments:

Post a Comment