Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blu-Teal-Ful Hand Painted Canvas



Blu-Teal-Ful Hand Painted Canvas

This was such a fun project for me, I didn't really know what I was going to do with the blu-teal-ful paint, and I still don't quite know how to explain what I did, My little inner artist just came out. :P

The reason I painted the 8's red is because 8 is my favorite number and I wanted them to stand out.

 I didn't edit any of these pictures (except for my name of course), the reason for the variations in lighting is because I wound up taking these pictures in Three different rooms and a few outside.

 
I Love Math. <3
Prying Open The White Paint
It's Ajar
Whoa I Can See Sand Grains
Don't Worry, It's Gonna Be All White. (thinks of bugs bunny)
It's All White :)
Prying Open The Blu-Teal-Ful Paint
I Really Like This Photo, It's So Bright Compared To The Others.
Art
Getting Ready To Stencil
Shh Be Quiet, Stenciling In Progress
It's All Stenciled
About To Paint (I'm Excited)
Here We Go
Ahh :)
7 Minutes Later...
25 Minutes Later...
5 DAYS Later, Just Kidding. :P
My Wonderful Mom Took A Few Pictures For Me :)
Thanks Mom!!
It's Almost Finished
Pop Of Color
I Like The Reflection Of The Brush In The Paint
1 Stroke Down, 2,000 More To Go.

This canvas took me two days to finish, which isn't a very long since I'm going to have it for the rest of my life.

I don't know about you guys, but I love pictures!! (as if you couldn't tell already) The reason I love pictures so much is because I want you guys to be able to scroll through my post and kinda sorta get the experience that I had when I was making this. If I had just given you one picture of the finished canvas you would see  45 numbers on a canvas with some paint, but since I put so many pictures up of almost each step I hope you guys see what I see, fifteen million little brush strokes on a canvas with a touch of art on it that I didn't know I had. :)

Made With Patience,
DaniMo 

I will be joining these parties:
 Monday
 Tuesday
Tip Me Tuesday
Knick Of Time Tuesday
 Wednesday
DIY By Design
Wow Us Wednesday
Tutorials Tips And Tidbits
 Thursday
Blog Stalking Thursday
 Carolyns Homework
Transformation Thursday
Friday
Miss Mustard Seed
Saturday
It's Overflowing

Fox Hollow Cottage


10 comments:

  1. Hi Molly! So nice to meet you and have you join in on my party. I have to say you are the first teenager I have ever had. What a pleasure to see your talent and photos. Thanks again, I hope to see you again. Don't forget to mix and mingle out there off the party list..they will be glad you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little project! Where did you find that stencil at? That is if you don't mind sharing!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly,
    You did a Blu-Teal-Ful job! Love the way you did it and the 8's really stick out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I've been looking for ideas for a canvas in my daughter's room. This would be awesome! I'd love for you to share it at my linky party, Twirl & Take a Bow…every Tuesday at houseontheway.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed. I'm so glad you joined my party tonight. You are a super-talented teen. You did a beautiful job and I love all of the step by step photos. I am your latest follower. Welcome to blogland. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color combo you used. Very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molly, What a wonderful blog you have! You really did unleash the artist in you! I love your numbered piece!
    Your project would be perfect to share at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS, my new weekly linky party going on now! Come on over and join in!
    I am a new follower! I just can't believe you are only 16 and have such a beautifully done blog!!!! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this artwork. I will be featuring this Tuesday night at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the art - and especially the colours. I'm glad you explained that your mother took the photos, otherwise I would want lessons in getting such good photos of my hands doing things like painting - not easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment on my canvas. It's really hard to take photos with your left hand while you're painting with your right, or vice versa. Maybe it'll get easier in time and with practice. My Mom took the two photos I put captions under stating that she had taken them. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

      Molly

      Delete